Welcome to Limerick's Life

Read... Tell... Remember

A Homage to Cannock’s Clock

The below video of the history of Cannock’s Clock was created for the Elemental Arts and Culture Festival and it was viewable at the No. 1 Pery Square Hotel between 10am and 4pm each day over the course of the weekend. The video contained a brief history of... read more

Stephen Gwynn describes Limerick in 1914

Stephen Gwynn was born Dublin on the 13 February 1864 the eldest child of John Gwynn, warden of St Columba’s and later professor of divinity at Trinity College Dublin, and his wife Lucy Josephine O’Brien. Stephen Gwynn was the grandson of William Smith... read more

The Model School Students 1933

The work began on the Model School in Limerick in 1853, and the official opening took place in 1855. The plaque over front door reads: Limerick Model National School 1853. The school is located on O’Connell Avenue in Limerick City. The building consisted of four... read more
Page 1 of 2712345...1020...Last »
Limerick History Quiz 2, Questions from the Tweety Stone

Limerick History Quiz 2, Questions from the Tweety Stone

A Very Tweety Stone Quiz Time limit: 0 Quiz-summary 0 of 10 questions completed Questions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Information This months Limerick History Quiz has been created for Limerick’s Life by The Tweety Stone The Tweety Stone works through twitter in 140...
Stephen Gwynn describes Limerick in 1914

Stephen Gwynn describes Limerick in 1914

Stephen Gwynn was born Dublin on the 13 February 1864 the eldest child of John Gwynn, warden of St Columba’s and later professor of divinity at Trinity College Dublin, and his wife Lucy Josephine O’Brien. Stephen Gwynn was the grandson of William Smith...
The Model School Students 1933

The Model School Students 1933

The work began on the Model School in Limerick in 1853, and the official opening took place in 1855. The plaque over front door reads: Limerick Model National School 1853. The school is located on O’Connell Avenue in Limerick City. The building consisted of four...
People’s Park Colourised

People’s Park Colourised

Below is an image from about 1900 of the People’s Park, from the Lawrence Collection which we have colourised to give a new lease of life. The photograph is taken from the Lord Edward Street side of the park and is no longer viewable from this aspect due to the...

Sharon Slater’s Little Book of Limerick

Step-by-Step Guide to Tracing your Limerick Family History

Keeping Limerick’s History Alive

This website is a personal project of Sharon Slater, born from a passion for Limerick and it's history. She maintains, updates and contributes to it independently and voluntarily. If you'd like to donate to keep Limerick's history online, please know that all donations will go directly into the costs of hosting the website and the time and travel to research and write the articles found on the site.





Advertisement