Authors and Books
The following are a list of Limerick authors and Limerick books, please leave a comment below with the titles and addresses of other books, written by local authors or related to Limerick.
Many local books can be ordered on Amazon while short runs of local books can can be ordered from the following shops The Celtic Book Shop – this store holds rare and out of stock books. O’Mahony’s – This is a general book store. Both of these are Limerick based bookstores.
Patrick Fitzgerald, John James M’Gregor:
- Rifleman O’Donovan
- O’Donovan From Garryowen
- 365 DAYS LESS 2 DAYS
Limerick Soviet :
James A McMahon & Seamus Flynn :
- “The Limerick Athenaeum The story of an Irish Theatre since 1852”
- Limerick’s Glory
Nicholas Browne :
Frank McCourt :
- Angelas Ashes
- Teacher Man
Malachy McCourt :
- History of Ireland
- A Monk Swimming
Nick Reddan :
- A Spot so Fair
- The Pig Buyer and The Pope
- Limerick: 100 Stories of the century
- How’s your Father
- The Bus Excursion
- Stories of Limerick
- Limerick: The Rich Land
- The history of Limerick City
- Limerick in old photographs
- Development of Limerick by Honan merchants.
- Those intrepid United Irishwomen
- Miscellany of Creative writings
- Dare you ripple my pond
- Tears on my pillow
- No light in the window
- Rainbows Seldom touch the ground
- Doggerel stories and verse
- The Limerick we don’t see, volumes 1 & 2.
- Georgian Limerick (edited by David Lee & Bob Kelly)
- Georgian Limerick vol. 2 (edited by David Lee & Christine Gonzalez)
- Made in Limerick, vol 1 & 2 (edited by David Lee & Debbie Jacobs)
- Limerick Compendium
- Limerick Anthology
- A stroll down memory lane (this is a continuous collection of books)
- Limerick, a bibliography of the city & county.
- The building of Limerick
- The Government and the People of Limerick: The History of Limerick Corporation/City Council 1197-2006
- First Citizens of the Treaty City: The Mayors and Mayoralty of Limerick 1197-2007
- High Tension, Life on the Shannon Scheme
- The Grand Tour of Limerick.
Patrick J. McNamara:
- The Widow’s Penny.
- Their Name Liveth For Evermore
- Father Browne’s Limerick
- Anatomy of a Siege, King John’s Castle, Limerick 1642.
Michael J Carroll:
- The Castles of County Limerick
- The Gandelow, a Shannon fishing boat.
Dermot Kelly & Andrew McCarthy:
- Limerick Boycott 1904.
- The Shannon scheme, and the electrification of the Irish free state.
- Limerick Junction
- Limerick, Images of a changed city.
- The Auld Town
- Aubrey de Vere – The Bard of Curragh Chase
- Michael D. Ryan – The People’s Poet
- Eas Céad Tine – The Waterfall of the Hundred Fires
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church – A Celebration of Faith
Pádraig Óg Ó Ruairc :
- The Battle For Limerick City
- Without My Cloak (1931)
- The Ante-Room (1934)
- Mary Lavelle (1936)
- Pray for the Wanderer (1938)
- The Land of Spices (1941)
- The Last of Summer (1943)
- That Lady (1946)
- The Flower of May (1953)
- As Music and Splendour (1958)
- William Phayer, Coachbuilder, City Magistrate and Town Councillor of Limerick City
- Dr. Thomas Raleigh Phayer, Medical Doctor, Apothecarist, Surgeon and Physician of Newcastlewest, Co. Limerick
- Current project: The Phayer family and their role in Goodwins china glassware business in Limerick City.