St Joseph’s church on O’Connell Avenue was built in 1904. It was originally used as a chapel of ease to accommodate the growing population of St Michael’s parish. The architect of the church was Mr W E Corbett...Read More
The St. Saviours Dominican present day church was built in 1815/6 when the Dominicans moved from Fish Lane under the leadership of Fr Joseph Harrigan. Edward Henry, the Earl of Limerick donated the land to the Dominicans. The...Read More
Christ Church is a united Presbyterian and Methodist congregation which was formed when the two separate congregations united in the early 1970’s. In the 1950s to create a rental space the garden in front of the church was...Read More
About Limerick’s Life
This website is a personal project of Sharon Slater, born from a passion for Limerick and it's history. She maintains, updates and contributes to it independently and voluntarily. If you'd like to donate to keep Limerick's history online, please know that all donations will go directly into the costs of hosting the website and the time and travel to research and write the articles found on the site.