Trinity Church which is integrated into the streetscape of Catherine Street was an Episcopal church built in 1834 through subscriptions raised by the Edward Newenham Hoare. Reverend Edward Newenham Hoare, was born in Limerick in 1802. He was a Clergyman and religious fiction and miscellaneous writer. He was the son of Revd John Hoare of Limerick and Rachel, daughter of Sir Edward Newenham, MP. He was educated at Trinity College Dublin, where he graduated in 1839 with a Master in Arts. He was curate of St. John’s Church in 1830-31. He died in Upper Norwood, London, 1877.
It was built as a place of worship for the adjoining asylum for blind females . The building has been in government use since the 1960s and is now used as part of the Health Service Executive.