Limerick in 2014 was an extremely busy year with Limerick City of Culture and we at Limerick’s Life were heavily involved with many projects this year, almost too many to name. One of our most memorable though was when for three days in September we ran around the city chasing Grandma, the Limerick Giant, along with almost a quarter of a million other people, posting live pictures on Twitter.
Limerick’s Life was very busy in 2014. Not only were we able to contribute 100 posts to the website, but we were also featured in articles in the Limerick Voice, Limerick Leader and Limerick Chronicle, RTE’s Nationwide and we contributed to shows on Limerick’s Live 95FM and WiredFm.
We love what we do here at Limerick’s Life, and we know that we would not be as popular without your devotion, you who read our articles, share our Facebook posts, and watch our videos. So, from everyone here at Limerick’s Life, thank you.
Below are some of the projects Limerick’s Life had the honour of being involved with in 2014:
- Tour of Thomas Street for Tomcat – 30 May
- Clock hunt & Homage to Cannocks for Elemental – 12-14 September
- Historical Script writer for Red Viking Bus Tour
- March issue of Irish Lives Remembered
- Image sourcing for Limericks Limericks – September
- Image sourcing for Sean Curtin – A Stroll Down Memory Lane 14
- Assisted with research and images for Joe Coleman – House Full
- Assisted in getting a Plaque to the Abbey Fishermen on the Abbey Bridge