The following list contains marriages that mention places in County Down in 1862. These records were extracted from news reports of Irish Marriages published in the Limerick Chronicle in 1862:
08 Mar 1862 : William Anderdeen Chermside & Elizabeth Bellendon Hunt
- At Christ Church, Belfast, William Anderdeen Chermside, Esq., son of the late Dr. Chermside, Portaferry, County Down to Elizabeth Bellendon, daughter of Charles Hunt, Esq., R.M. County Antrim.
29 Mar 1862 : R Kingstone Richardson & Elizabeth Sarah Crawford
- At Clontarf Church, R Kingstone Richardson, Esq., of Edenmore, County Down, to Elizabeth Sarah, daughter of the late Rev. James Crawford, Vicar of Clonard, County Meath.
08 Apr 1862 : George Barrington Price & Frances Isabella Nugent
- At Portaferry, County Down, Captain George Barrington Price, Royal Scots Grey, to Frances Isabella, daughter of the late John Nugent, Esq., Portaferry House.
15 Apr 1862 : John Leslie & Harriet Anne Barcley
- At the Mauritius, Lieut John Leslie, 5th Fusiliers, son of F.C. Leslie, Esq., Ballywood Lodge, County Down, to Harriet Anne, daughter of Davis Barcley, Bart., of Plerston, Ayrshire.
24 Apr 1862 : William Nelson & Frances Elizabeth Sparks
- On Tuesday, the 22nd inst, at St Thomas’s Church, Dublin, by the Rev. Richard Friselle William third son of Mr Robert Nelson, of Killough, County Down, to Frances Elizabeth, only daughter of the late Henry Sparkes, of Liverpool [No cards sent]
24 April 1862 : William H Sproull & Jane Birney
- In Lisburn, Wm H Sproull, Esq., Carrickfergus, to Jane, daughter of John Birney Esq., Oakley Park, County Down.
29 Apr 1862 : William Malcolm & Anna Strain Whitla
- At Newtownards, William Malcolm Orr Esq., to Anna Strain, daughter of John Whitla, Esq., Ballyhenry House, Comber, County Down.
24 May 1862 : Holt Waring & Margaret Elizabeth M’Clintock
- At Killeagh, Holt Waring, Esq., 88th Connaught Rangers, son of Major Henry Waring, of Waringstown, County Down to Margaret Elizabeth, daughter of the late Robbert M’Clintock, Esq., of Dunmore County Donegal.
26 Jun 1862 : F.W. Baedker & Anne Jane Orbsby nee Lye
- At Weston-super-Mere, F.W. Baedker, Esq., of Witten, Westphalia, Prussia, to Ann Jane, widow of Captain Alexander H Ormsby, Gilford, County Down, and the daughter of the late Captain Leigh Lye, Bath.
05 Jul 1862 : George Donald & Margaret Shaw
- In Moira Presbyterian Church, George Donald, Esq., to Margaret, daughter of Wm Shaw, Esq., Drumbo.
06 Sep 1862 : Arthur Hill Read & Jane Hamilton
- In Charlestown Church, County Louth, Arthur Hill Read, Esq., of Donnybrook, County Tipperary, to Jane, daughter of the late William Hamilton Esq., of Killyleagh, County of Down.
09 Sep 1862 : Thomas Jefferson Thompson & Charlotte Potter Higgenson
- At Newry, Thomas Jefferson Thompson Esq., son of the late Ross Thompson Esq., of Greenwood Park, County Down, to Charlotte Potter, daughter of Henry S Higgenson, Esq., of Carnalea House, in the same County ;
09 Sep 1862 : James McFarland & Dora Thompson
- and at the same time and place, James McFarland Esq., of Newry, to Dora, daughter of the late Ross Thompson Esq., of Greenwood Park, County Down.
09 Sep 1862 : Isaac Andrews & Mrs Boomer
- In London, Isaac Andrews, Esq., of Comber, County Down, to Mrs. Boomer, of Seaview, Belfast.
13 Sep 1862 : James Heron & Margaret Turrettin
- At Rostrevor, the Rev James Heron of Muckamore, to Margaret, daughter of Hugh Turrettin, Esq., of Newtown, Rostrevor.
18 Oct 1862 : P.J. Hughes & Maggie Callan
- At the Cathedral, Marlborough Street, Dublin, P.J. Hughes, Esq., B.A., her Majesty’s Vice-Consul at Kiukiang, China, son of Thomas Hughes, Esq. Courtney Hill, Newry, to Maggie, daughter of the late P. Callan, Esq., of Courtney Hill, Newry.
18 Oct 1862 : William H Malcom & Margaret Stitt
- In Belfast, William H Malcom Esq., Belfast, to Margaret, daughter of the late Richard Stitt, Esq., Marlborough, County Down.
11 Nov 1862 : Richard P. Irwin & Elizabeth M’Cammon
- At Holywood, Richard P. Irwin, son of the late James Irwin, Esq., Millbrook, County Tyrone, to Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas M’Cammon, Esq., Holywood.
27 Nov 1862 : David Gillespie & Annie Eliza MacNamara
- At St Anne’s Church, Belfast, Mr David Gillespie, Brookborough, County Fermanagh, to Annie Eliza, daughter of the late Thomas MacNamara, Esq., Newry.
27 Nov 1862 : Gisborne Horner & Mary Anne Beers
- At Bryansford Church, Captain Gisborne Horner, G. C. Artillery, to Mary Anne, daughter of Wm. Beers, Esq., Newcastle, County Down.
11 Dec 1862 : Robert Nelson & Isabella M’Connell
- At the Prebyterian Church, Great Victoria Street, Belfast, Robert Nelson, Esq., of Tamnyaska, Tobermore, to Isabella, daughter of the late John M’Connell, Esq., of Ballyrainey, Comber, County Down.