This bridge is located at the entrance of the canal into the Abbey River. Single-arch hump-back red brick and limestone canal bridge, erected in 1757, crossing the canal at Lock Quay canal harbour. In use as footbridge. Rubble limestone and red brick west elevation laid in English garden wall bond, with red brick parapet wall and brick coping rising from a moulded limestone string course, returning on the curve along quay sides. Limestone ashlar faced east elevation with wrought-iron railed parapet having spearhead finials, c. 1800, returning on the curve along quay sides. Gauged red brick slightly pointed arch springing from squared limestone block faced quay walls.
Limestone ashlar abutment piers. Limestone setts to carriageway, c. 1995. Bridge gives access to nineteenth-century multiple-bay two-storey limestone rubble buildings to the north of the canal. A tour of the Canal for the Riverpaths.