The following list contains marriages that mention places in County Tipperary in 1862. These records were extracted from news reports of Irish Marriages published in the Limerick Chronicle in 1862:
04 Jan 1862 : John Edward Gerrard & Julia Frances Fitzpatrick
- At Sydney, New South Wales, John Edward, son of John Richard Gerrard, Esq., Milk Street, London, to Julia Frances, daughter of the late Mr Gregory Fitzpatrick, of Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
13 Feb 1862 : Horatio Albyn Lloyd & Georgina Mary Pinchin
- On Monday last, at the Church, Borrisoleigh, Horatio Albyn Lloyd, Esq., of Mount Tresco, County Tipperary, to Georgina Mary, eldest daughter of Dr. Pinchin, grandniece of General Fitzmaurice, K.H., and relative of Lord Ventry and the Knight of Kerry.
15 Feb 1862 : Edward John Cambie & Mary Walsh
- At Monkstown Church, Edward John Cambie, Kilgarvan County Tipperary, Esq., to Mary daughter of the late Jonathan Willington Walsh, Esq., J.P.
20 Feb 1862 : William Green & Joanna Purcell
- At the Roman Catholic Chapel of Lisronagh, Wm Green, Esq., Thomastown, Tipperary, to Joanna, daughter of the late Thomas Purcell, Esq., Fortwilliam.
27 Feb 1862 : William Jones Barcroft & Hannah Wakefield Handcock
- At the Friends’ Meeting House, Clonmel, William Jones Barcroft of Bedford, near Moy, County Tyrone, to Hannah Wakefield, daughter of Thomas Handcock, M.D., of Finsbury Square, London, and Lisburn, County Antrim.
01 Mar 1862 : Charles Russell & Susanna Miller
- At the Friends’ Meeting House, Roscrea, Charles Russell, Esq., Parsonstown, to Susannah, daughter of the late Joshua Miller, Esq., Parsonstown.
08 Mar 1862 : Pierce Fitzpatrick & Margaret Walsh
- At Fethard, Pierce Fitzpatrick, Esq., to Margaret Walsh, daughter of James Smith Esq., Fethard.
11 Mar 1862 : Michael Boland & Mary Coffee
- At the Roman Catholic Chapel of Newport, Co. Tipperary, on the 1st March, inst., Mr Michael Boland, son of Mr Matthew Boland, Clare Mount, Clare to Mary, daughter of the late Mr John Coffee, Freigh, County Tipperary.
22 Mar 1862 : George Davis & Catherine Louisa Lee
- Last March, at the Baptist Church, Albert Street, Melbourne, by the Rev, Isaac New, George, son of Samuel Davis, Esq., Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England, to Catherine Louisa, daughter of the late Henry Lee, of Barna, Newport County Tipperary, Esq., J.P.
06 Apr 1862 : Richard Carroll & Fanny Abernethey
- At Lockeen Church, Richard, son of D Carroll, Esq., of Arabegg, to Fanny, daughter of William H Abernethey, Esq., Carrig House, County Tipperary.
29 Apr 1862 : Augustus Vivian & Ethel Julius
- On the 23rd inst., at the Cathedral, Killaloe by the Rev John Bowles, rector of Shinrone, Augustus Vivian, Lieutenant 3rd (The Buffs) Regt., younger son of the late Rev. Charles Paisly Vivian, of Hatton Hall Wallingborough, Northamptonshire, to Ethel, eldest daughter of George Charles Julius, jun, Esq., and granddaughter of the late Francis Spaight, Esq., of Derry Castle, County Tipperary.
01 May 1862 : Henry Augustus White & Mary Powell
- At Northcote, Australia, Henry Augustus, son of Henry White, Esq., of Knockenroger, County Tipperary, to Mary, daughter of Isaac Powell, Esq., late of Lisserlough, County of Sligo.
06 May 1862 : Richard Joseph Clarke & Georgiana Gertrude Mathew
- At Orwell, Prince Edward’s Island, Richard Joseph Clarke, Esq., son of William Clarke, Esq., Galway, to Georgiana Gertrude, daughter of George Mathew, Esq. of the County of Tipperary.
27 May 1862 : John Morton & Anne Hall Andrews
- At Templeharry Church, John Morton, Esq., son of the late William Morton, County Cork. Esq., and Manager of the Provincial Bank of Ireland Nenagh, to Anne Hall Andrews, daughter of John Andrews, Esq., J.P. of Silverhills, King’s County.
29 May 1862 : Patrick Dwyer & Bridget Hickey
- At Thurles, Patrick Dwyer, Esq., merchant, to Bridget, daughter of Wm. Hickey, Esq., T.C.
26 Jun 1862 : Septimus Sherson Connell & Sarah Annie Lloyd
- At the parish church, Ettagh, near Roscrea, Septimus Sherson Connell, Esq., Captain 21st Fusiliers, son of James Connell Esq., of Eskdale House, Dumfriesshire, to Sarah Annie, daughter of the late Colonel Hardress Lloyd, of Gloster, King’s County.
03 Jul 1862 : Felix John Woods & Catherine Flood
- Felix John Woods Esq., of Old Bawn, County Dublin and Nenagh, County Tipperary, to Catherine daughter of the late Mr Michael Flood, of Bath Street, Liverpool.
05 Jul 1862 : Martin J Ffrench & Cathine O’Shaughnessy
- In the Church of St Andrew Westland row, Dublin, the Hon Martin J Ffrench, R.M., Cashel, to Catherine, daughter of the late John O’Shaughnessy, Esq., solicitor, Birchgrove, Ballinaslow.
29 Jul 1862 : Frederick T. Abbott & Mrs Kate Lee
- On the 26th inst., at St Martin’s Church, London, by the Rev R.K. Arbuthnot, Frederick T. Abbott, Esq., 41st Regt., to Kate, widow of the late Henry A. Lee, Esq., Barna, Newport, County Tipperary. [No cards sent]
05 Aug 1862 : Thomas Sinclair & Robert Turner
- At Tipperary, Thomas Sinclair, Esq., to Mary, daughter of Robert Turner, Esq., Bansha.
05 Aug 1862 : William Boland & Alicia Arabella Ryan
- At Templebradin Roman Catholic Church, Mr William Boland, of Killenave, County Tipperary, to Alicia Arabella, daughter of Mr Thomas Ryan, Rose Cottage, Pallasgreen.
07 Aug 1862 : Eilliam Thorn & Mary Anne Evans
- On the 5th instant, at St Michael’s Church, in this city, by the Ven Archdeacon Peacocke, William, only son of Robert Thorn, Esq., Thornhill County Tipperary, to Mary Anne, daughter of John Evans, Esq., White Abbey, Belfast. [No cards sent]
14 Aug 1862 : George Augustus Vaughan & Laura May Moore
- On Tuesday August 12th, at Mooresfort, by the Most Rev. Dr. Leahy Archbishop of Cashel, Captain George Augustus Vaughan, second son of the Hon. George L. Vaughan, to Laura Mary youngest daughter of Charles Moore, Esq., of Mooresfort, County of Tipperary, and of Fulwood Park, Liverpool.
14 Aug 1862 : Michael Ryan & Mary J Nugent
- At the Roman Catholic Church of St Mary’s, Clonmel, Mr Michael Ryan, of Clonmel, to Miss Mary J Nugent, daughter of the late Mr Richard Nugent, of Water, merchant.
06 Sep 1862 : Arthur Hill Read & Jane Hamilton
- In Charlestown Church, County Louth, Arthur Hill Read, Esq., of Donnybrook, County Tipperary, to Jane, daughter of the late William Hamilton Esq., of Killyleagh, County of Down.
13 Sep 1862 : John Shortt & Harriet Anne Burriss
- At St Mary’s Church, Edgehill, Liverpool, John Shortt, Esq., son of the late John Shortt, Esq., of Pallas, County Tipperary, to Harriet Anne, daughter of Richard Burriss, Esq., Grafton Lodge, King’s County.
16 Sep 1862 : George Giles & Alithea Emma Grey
- In Walcot Church, Bath, George Giles, Esq., son of the Rev. Walter Gyles, late Vicat of Cahir, County Tipperary to Alithea Emma daughter of the late Hon. and Right Rev. Edward Grey, Bishop of Hereford.
20 Sep 1862: Marlboro Parsons Berry & Louisa Heuston
- On the 18th inst., at Cullen Church, by the Rev John D. Massingham, Vicar of St Paul’s Derby, assised by the Rev Joseph Cousins, Marlboro Parsons Berry, Esq., of Clooneen, King’s County, to Louisa, fourth daughter of John R. Heuston Esq., of Russellstown House, Tipperary.
23 Sep 1862 : William Quinn & Ellen Egan
- In the Cathedral, Tuam, William Quinn, Esq., of Tuam, to Ellen daughter of Andrew Egan, Esq architect.
25 Sep 1862 : Nicholas Prendergast & Lousia Nagle
- At Inglewood, Australia, Nicholas Prendergast, Esq., late of Ardfinnan Castle, County Tipperary, to Louisa, daughter of William Blood Nagle, Esq.
5 Oct 1862 : Richard Hedges Etre Mausell & Adelaide Elizabeth Butler Lowe
- At St George’s Church, Dublin, by the Rev. J.F. Morton, Vicar of Rathronan, Richard Hedges Etre Mausell, Esq., son of Major Maunsell, of Beakestown House, County Tipperary, to Adelaide Elizabeth Butler daughter of Hamilton Lowe. Esq., D.L. of Ballinahinch, County Tipperary, and granddaughter off Major General Sir Edward Butler, of Ballyadams, Queen’s County.
07 Oct 1862 : George Langley & Katherine Elizabeth Peacocke
- In Holycross Church, George Langley, Esq., of Lisnamrock, County Tipperary, son of the late Henry Langley, Esq., of Coalbrook to Katherine Elizabeth daughter of the rev. George. Peacocke, Rector of Holycross, County Tipperary.
07 Oct 1862 : John Shee & Annie Metcalfe
- At the R.C. Chapel Blanchardstown, John Shee, Esq., Bannoxtown, County Tipperary, to Annie, daughter of the late John Metcalfe, Esq.,. of Castleruddery Park, County Wicklow.
14 Oct 1862 : Richard Baker & Anne Maria Davis
- At the Friends’ Meeting House, Clonmel, Richard, son of Richard H. Baker, Esq., of Cork, to Anne Maria, daughter of Samuel Davis Esq., Clonmel
16 Oct 1862 : Major Gason & Mrs Charles Douglas
- On the 14th inst. At St Anne’s Church, Dublin, by the Rev. William Bennet Chester, Rector of Nenagh County Tipperary, Major Gason, Tipperary Artillery, to the Hon. Mrs. Charles Douglas, fourth daughter of Caprain Rich, Woodlands, County Limerick.
16 Oct 1862 : Henry I Mervyn D’Arcy Irvine & Miss Huntley Prittie
- At St Mary’s Church, Clonmel, Henry I. Mervyn D’Arcy Irvine, Esq., Necarn Castle, County Fermanagh, to Miss Huntley Prittie, daughter of the Hon. Francis Sadlier Prittie, brother of the present Baron Dunnally.
11 Nov 1862 : William Stephenson & Janie Tydd Heuston
- At the Kirk, Tipperary, on the 11th inst., by the Rev John Holmes assisted by the Rev. Wm. Johnstone, B.A., William Stephenson, M.D., (edin.), Grange Villa, son of the late Rot. Stephenson, Esq., J.P., Edinburgh, to Janie Tydd, second daughter of Robert Heuston, Esq., Tipperary.
11 Nov 1862 : T. Maher & Margaret Mary Gill
- Mr T. Maher auctioneer, Borrisokane, to Margaret Mary daughter of the late Mr. W. Gill, Nenagh.
15 Nov 1862 : Michael O’Donnell & Kate Mary Shanahan
- At St Mary’s Roman Catholic Church Clonmel, Mr Michl. O’Donnell, of Woodview Cottage, Marlfield, to Kate Mary, daughter of Mr John Shanahan, Clonmel.
22 Nov 1862 : Richard B. Ryan & Kate Ryan
- At Templebraden Chapel, on the 19th Instant, by the Rec James Ryan P.p., assisted by the Very Rev. Dr. Howley P.P., Tipperary, Richard B. Ryan, Esq., Rose Cottage, County Limerick to Kate, only daughter of the late Joseph Ryan, Esq., Bohercrowe, Tipperary.
22 Nov 1862 : James Braxton & Marianne Flannery
- At Nenagh, in the Roman Catholic Church, by the Rev Martin Cleary, Administrator, assisted by the Rev D. Molony, Administrator of Newmarket-on-Fergus, Mr James Braxton of Limerick to Marianne, eldest daughter of the later Mr Jeremiah Flannery, of Nenagh.
29 Nov 1862 : Henry Neville & Rebecca Margaretta Smith
- At Eglish Church, Henry Neville, Esq., of Heath Cottage, to Rebecca Margaretta, daughter of the late Ralph Smith, Esq., of Milford, County Tipperary.
18 Dec 1862 : W.H. Carrol & Bessie Leslie Griffin
- At St Pancras, London, W.H. Carrol, Esq., of Tulla House, Nenagh, son of the late Lieut-General Sir W.P. Carrol to Bessie Leslie, daughter of the late Captain C. W. G. Griffin, R.N. of Falmouth.
23 Dec 1862 : Thomas Thompson & Elizabeth Frost
- At Wirksworth Church, Thomas Thompson, Esq., of Barnane, Templemore, County Tipperary, to Elizabeth Frost, daughter of the late Mr Jeremiah Tatlow, of Wirksworth.
30 Dec 1862 : T.C. Deneh & Fanny Llyod
- At Templemore Church, Captain T.C. Deneh, R.N., Knight of the Legion of Honor, Inspecting Commander of Coast Guard, Kinsale, to Fanny, daughter of George R. Llyod, Esq. Skehan house, Templemore.
30 Dec 1862 : Cheltenham S.H. Barton & Mary Eliza Frobisher
- At St Luke’s Church, Cheltenham S.H. Barton Esq., son of the late William Barton Esq., of Grove, County Tipperary and the nephew of the late and cousin of the present Lord Dunalley, to Mary Eliza, daughter of Major Frobisher, Lansdowne Place, Cheltenham, J.P. and D.L. for the County of Gloucester.